HAPPY DAY!!!

For some reason I believed the doctor when she told me all that craziness last week. I'm sorry to worry you all because today we went to an allergist who told me that since William has hayfever, reactions through blood tests will show that Ivy has allergies. I know, it doesn't make much sense. He said that if we were to do blood tests on William, he would show that he has some other allergies even though he doesn't have any other ones. Well, I still didn't quite get it, but I did get from him that Ivy is OK. We do have to watch her with eggs still since her test was very high for that, and nuts because they're a real common problem for some, and berries since she had the worst reaction ever from strawberries. He said she can have everything else, but she'll still have some reactions, just nothing crazy. If they're more than normal, we're just supposed to give her Benadryl. He wasn't the best at giving my straight answers, but he definitely wasn't concerned with what was going on and we go back in a month to make sure everything is doing well. He also said she'll probably have eczema and asthma in the future. Talk about a false alarm! So we are happier than ever and we've already spoiled Ivy with crackers, cookies, pizza, and milk. Sorry to worry everyone, but it keeps life exciting, right?

2 comments:

Tami Casper said...

What a relief!!! YAY for Ivy!

Amy Beatty said...

SO glad to hear!! I was so worried about all the work you were going to have to do. Hurray hurray hurray! Lucky Ivy gets to eat her mommys cake!