Janna's Wedding

Saturday was Janna & Jerry's wedding. It was a lot of work, but really fun, and I'm glad it finally happened. Everything turned out just right, the bride looked perfect, the food was awesome (catered by a Mexican restaurant), and no one knocked over the cake.

So, this was the first time I'd made a wedding cake since having Ivy and now being 7 1/2 months pregnant...it was quite rough. It probably took me twice as long to make, and it already takes forever to make. I'm glad I did it, but I'm very glad it's over with.

I don't know why, but this is my favorite picture from the event.


Newlyweds



They were married at some botanical gardens, see if you can find the big prego maid of honor. It was quite a warm day, but it all turned out beautiful. I'm sure the ceremony was nice too, all I was doing was praying I wouldn't faint from the heat and the (very cute) 4" heels that were a little too small.





4 comments:

Heather Ralphs said...

wow your cake looks amazing! where did you learn to make wedding cakes?

also i can totally imagine hearing that evil laugh coming out of ivy in the picture of the two of you in front of the cake ;)

Kimberly said...

I KNEW YOU WOULD BE A GREAT WEDDING CAKE DESIGNER. IM TELLING YOU NEED TO GO INTO BUSINESS. Anyway, the cake looked great and I do like the photo of you and Ivy too.

Amy Beatty said...

Jess, you did an amazing job. Your cakes are always really yummy too!!!

heather said...

gorgeous! i love that cake, it's truly amazing. also, you make a very cute prego maid-of-honor!

your blog is always fun to read, thanks!